Was born in Moscow, Russia. At the age of six, he was admitted to the Gnessin School of Music where he studied under the tutelage of maestro Gasan Rzaev. He continued his musical studies with maestro Dmitry Lukianov at the Gnessin Academy of Music, from where he graduated at the age of 25.
From 1985 to 1990, Maestro Chuguev appeared in concerts as a percussion soloist with various symphony orchestras in Moscow. In 1991, he became a member of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Malaga, while continuing to pursue his solo career and participating in numerous CD, radio and television recordings. He has collaborated with many European and South American orchestras and performed under the baton of such distinguished conductors as Gennady Rozhdestvensky, Dmitry Fedoseev, Vladimir Ponkin, Krzysztof Penderecki, Gorka Sierra, Alexander Rahbari, Zubin Meta, Antoni Ros Marba, García Asenso, Odón Alonso and Filippe Entremott. His performance tours took him to Germany, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Spain, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, Ukraine, Columbia, Mexico, Greece and France.
Among his most notable works as a composer is oratorio Ecumenicon, a setting of biblical texts for four-part Choir, Voice, Speaker and Percussion, which won a special recognition by Vatican. The oratorio was successfully premiered at The Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexico) in 2007 to high critical acclaim and captivated the audience with the ideas representing "the ancient dream of union and harmony in a modern world."
- In 2006 he was awarded the prize at the European Art Festival (Telč Czech Republic)
- Since 2008 he has been vice president and cultural director of the "100 Cities for Peace" project.
- In 2009 he was awarded the Gustav Mahler prize of the European Union of the Arts
- Since 2009 he is Academic of Academie Internationale des Sciences et des Arts de Paris
- In 2010 he was awarded the prize at the 25th International Catholic Film and Multimedia Festival "Niepokalanów" (Poland).
- In the year 2017 he was awarded the medal "Talent and Vocation" by the "Peacemaker" Foundation (Moscow Russia).
- Since 2018 he is the vice president of the "Orden de la Paz" Foundation.